Lime and Coconut Energy balls
During pregnancy or while breastfeeding your baby, be sure to eat a variety of healthy foods.
What Nutrients Do Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women Need?
The essential nutrients (including protein, calcium, carbohydrates, fibre, foelate, healthy fats, iodine, iron, vitamin A, vitamin b6, b12, C and D)to help you and your baby thrive. They're found in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, dairy products, and lean meats.
Sometimes trying to get that extra bit of fuel is troublesome so once a week we are going to share a recipe for a snack or meal that can be ready to go. Breastfeeding is quite time consuming so having something ready to go to enjoy is super important to help keep the right fuel going in.
This week we are sharing one of our favourite energy balls that are refreshing and a great source of protein.
Lime and Coconut energy balls
- 1 cup packed pitted dates (soak in warm water first if very dry)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened fine coconut
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated lime zest
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Place the cashews in a food processor and mix until mostly broken down.
- Add the dates and process until a dough forms.
- Add the coconut and lime and process until well mixed.
- Roll into balls and store in the fridge. Makes 15 balls.
Recipe from: Runningrealfood.com